Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I get this error when I send a fax after cutting and pasting a section of a fax-ed letterhead to make a logo for the quick cover page.

The fax is sent OK (apart from the logo being missing)

I don’t seem to get the error if I cut and paste the whole page, but then the fax starts about four inches below the letterhead.

I’m b*ggered if I can find any reference to this in Winfax manuals or on the net.

Any ideas

Anonymous

You might need to edit the graphic image, try a different format, a smaller size etc.

Anonymous

Thanks for coming back.

I use the same technique for the working one and the failing one.

The difference is that when I make a selection from the incoming fax and export it as a FXS file (rather than exporting the whole page as an FXS), I get this message.

The manual says to create a stamp in FXS format, but it only offers this option as a BMP and the ‘quick-cover-logo’ only looks for FXS files.

JohnD
    Participant

Are you sure it is BMP and not PCX? I just tried it with TalkWorks PRO 3.0

I believe there is a problem in the program, if you have Fax Sharing enabled, you won’t be able to use a FX? image on the quick cover page (only PCX) . Once you disable Fax Sharing, then WinFax allows you to select a FX? image.

are you using Fax Sharing?

The original help file states “If you have a CAS modem, your logo must be in .PCX format. ” I think the problem is WinFax thinks you are using a CAS type modem when using FAX SHARING…which is not the case.

Adding text and a logo to the Quick Cover Page

1 Prepare your logo.

How to …
    2 Start Message Manager.
    How to …
    3 On the Go menu, click Cover Pages. The Cover Pages window opens.
    4 In the cover page list, click Quick Cover Page.
    5 On the File menu, click Properties. The Quick Cover Page Properties dialog appears.
    6 Select the fax image file you want to use as your logo. Do the following:

a In the Logo section, click Select. The Open dialog appears.
    b Select the .FXS version of your logo file and then click Open. The Quick Cover Page Properties dialog reappears. If you are using a Class 1 modem, the selected logo file appears in the Logo section. If you are using a Class 2 modem, the logo appears only on the sent fax.

7 Specify the default text you want to appear on your cover page. Do one of the following:

Use text from a text file on your computer (each time you update the text file, WinFax automatically updates the Quick Cover Page text) In the Text section, click File Name and then click Select. Select the appropriate ASCII text file and click Open. The Quick Cover Page Properties dialog reappears.
    Type text now In the Text section, click User-Defined and type the appropriate text in the text box provided.

Insert text from a file In the Text section, enable User-Defined and then click Import. Select the appropriate ASCII text file (maximum size of 32 KB) and click Open. The Quick Cover Page Properties dialog reappears with the text in the display area. Edit the text in the box provided.

Notes

If you have a CAS modem, your logo must be in .PCX format.
    You can overwrite text when sending the fax by typing new text in the Send dialog.
    The customized Quick Cover Page appears alphabetically in each folder in the Cover Page Library. To use this as your default cover page, click Quick Cover Page in the cover pages list and then click Set As Default on the File menu.

Here are some documents about these issues:
    Logo related problems on Quick Cover Page

Edited By JohnD on 1169063676

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.