Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lakshi

Hello, i have winfax pro installed on one pc which is giving lot of problems and i now want to install winfax pro on another faster computer. I just need to know, how to transfer winfax contacts from one pc to another? Thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@lakshi wrote:

Hello, i have winfax pro installed on one pc which is giving lot of problems and i now want to install winfax pro on another faster computer. I just need to know, how to transfer winfax contacts from one pc to another? Thank you.

How to copy the default phonebook (My Phonebook) to another computer

Situation:
    You want to know how to copy the WinFax PRO default phonebook, My Phonebook, to a different computer.

Solution:
    To copy the My Phonebook phonebook to another computer, follow these steps:

NOTES:
    These instructions are for copying the default phonebook named My Phonebook only. If you need to import another WinFax PRO phonebook, please see the document How to import phonebooks. WinFax PRO must be installed in exactly the same location on both computers.

WARNING: !!!!!! You will lose all information in the default phonebook on the target computer as existing files are overwritten, not merged. !!!!!!

Exit all open programs and stop the WinFax PRO service if you are running Windows XP or Windows 2000/NT on both computers. (You can use WinFax Tools and use WinFax Services option to Stop Service and End All WinFax Tasks.)
    Click Start, point to Find, and click Files or Folders. The Find dialog box appears.
    From the Look In drop-down list, select the drive onto which you installed WinFax PRO/TalkWorks PRO.
    Check Include subfolders (if not already checked).
    In the Named field, type my-ph-bk*.* and click Find Now. Windows displays all files matching the search criteria. (There should be at least 12 files.)
    Transfer these files using a floppy disk, USB flash drive, or through a network connection to the second computer
    Place the files in the WinFax …Data folder on the second computer, (for example: c:program filessymantecwinfaxdata).

lakshi

Thanks a lot my friend…i plan to do this task after a few days…will let you know results

namsilat

If I may extend further a question about moving Winfax to another PC, what other files/directories should be copied to the new PC in order to preserve the sent and received history as well as the actual fax images, in addition to entire Data directory? Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.