Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rtchong

In setting up winfaxpro 10.04 (10.02, lu to 10.03 plus 10.04) I have configured the host with its ip address. The host is found and everything seems to be ok. However, when I startup the message manager I get the following error:

WinFax pro is unable to connect to the WinFax Pro host station calle 10.0.0.2. Make sure an account has been created for you on the host station (using the same name/password used to login on your client station).

I have followed the instructions to the letter and created a special user on host and workstation with administrator’s rights. I do not login with this user as the instructions say that that is not necessary. Besides all stations have the same administrator and password; so actually I question whether it is necessary to create that special user.

Still I cannot connect. Is it a security issue that needs special attention? I have a p2p network, all xp sp2.

Administrator
    Keymaster

If your running a small network, a few PCs , then I would recommend using Static IP addresses on each machine and configure your router to use the 192.168.0.x sub-net. Example is Router, 192.168.0.1, Host Machine 192.168.0.2, Client Machine(s) 192.168.0.3, 192.168.0.4, 192.168.0.5 etc.

Also, you should be able to share files/ping each machine using computer name and IP address from the host and client(s) using TCP/IP protocol.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.