Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    paristotle

I have a client with two XP SP1 machines. Both have the firewall turned off, and the host has the same user accounts and passwords as the client. I can ping from host to client and the reverse. Winfax software version 10.02/10.0.2001.910.

I want to solve this problem, but as his tech I also want to upgrade him to SP2 so I’m in a bit of quandry, does this software work consistantly and reliably on 2000/XP in share mode? Should I upgrade him to sp2 and then work on his connection issues?

Is there a concise procedure somewhere out there that covers all this?

Thanks for any inpuy

Anonymous

Your best solution would be to contact Symantec to get the 10.03 update, once you do this, you can update to version 10.04 by downloading a patch file. This patch allows SP2 under Windows XP to be used with WinFax Sharing without having to disable security features on XP/SP2.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….4595304

paristotle

Does Symantec make version 10.03 available to all users of 10.02? Do they make it available as a download? How does Winfax PRO rate against others likes Zetafax that allows clients to view their faxes in a browser?

Thanks again

Anonymous

@paristotle wrote:

Does Symantec make version 10.03 available to all users of 10.02? Do they make it available as a download? How does Winfax PRO rate against others likes Zetafax that allows clients to view their faxes in a browser?

Thanks again

Version 10.03 is not available as a download, you would need to obtain a new CD install directly from Symantec. Once you obtain and install version 10.03, you can then download a 1.5Mb patch file to update to version 10.04. Unfortunately, you can’t simply update version 10.0, 10.01, 10.02 to version 10.04. It is a two step process that requires version 10.03 installed first.

I cannot comment on ZetaFax as I have not used that software before.

paristotle

Thanks very much. I will contact Symantec on Monday. I just hope they don’t want my client to buy a new version of the software.

Anonymous

@paristotle wrote:

Thanks very much. I will contact Symantec on Monday. I just hope they don’t want my client to buy a new version of the software.

Not if you already have a license for 10.0x. They may charge for shipping & handling as they would have to mail you a physical CD-ROM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.