Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kedrew

I’ve developed an C++/MFC application that automatically generates faxes and will programmatically add WinFax FXS-type attachements to the fax.

When the application runs, I get two different error messages that cannot be explained:
    – “Unabe to send event to because attachment was open”
    – “Invalid Tag, or invalid usage of Tag (4107) on last attempt”

The problem is occuring with:

WinFax Version 10.0.2000.929 12-00-02587 P/N 12-25-01075

on Win 98.4.10.1998

I do not know the cause of the problem, but my suspicion is with the attachments, specifically trying to attach the same file to multiple faxes at nearly the same time.

The background on the application:
    A series of faxes are sent out to various destinations and may contain the same attachment. (The application of for a client who sends references with orders).

The program obtains the necessary information from a MS SQL Server database via an ODBC connection. Attachement filenames are generated based upon data in the database. All attachment files are stored on a standard file system on a remote server which is mapped to the computer w/ the application as a local drive.

a summary of the code that is involved with attaching the fax:

//check to see if the file exists
    // returns -1 if the file doesn’t exist, or not accessible in given mode
    // mode 0: existance only
    if (_access(attachmentFile.GetBuffer(1), 0) == -1)
    break;

wfSO.AddAttachmentFile(attachmentFile);

where wfSO is created via CreateDispatch(“WinFax.SDKSend”);

If you have any idea of what the error messages are trying to say, I’d really like to hear from you, even if you don’t have a solution.

Anonymous

I believe you will need to allow WinFax enough time to process the attachment before preparing the next fax to send. You can do this by using the Send(1) method, and check to see if the IsEntryIDReady returns true.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.