Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mrwise

I am using Access 2000 as my parent application. I want to be able to send reports as faxes. The only way I can tell this might work is if I use the WinFax printer for the reports. The problem with this method is that WinFax always brings up the screen to enter your information in. I want to bypass that screen if possible and pass that data from ny database. I have around 400 reports that I need faxed! Is there a way around this? Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Anonymous

you’ll probably have to post your code, since the send dialog box should not appear if it is properly coded

mrwise

That is one of my problems. I do not have any code for this. Do you know where I can get some? I assume that I have to change my default printer via an API call to get the Winfax printer. Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous

Ok, I read your original message thinking you already had code and were having problems with it. You’ll need to write the code to send that information to WinFax thru the SDK. I don’t have any specific Access code, but because Access uses VBA you should be able to use most of the Word VBA code that is listed in the downloads section.

http://www.getfaxing.com/download.htm

mrwise

I downloaded the DDE code from the website. I ma just now looking it over. Just want to make sure that I make my issue is clear because I don’t know if you are on the same page as I am.

I have an application in MS Access, so I use VBA. Currently, I am sending faxes from my Access application to WinFax via the SDK. I make this work by just using the cover pages and add my text to the cover page. The issue with this method is that sometimes I need more space on the cover page and the text gets cut off. My goal is to be able to print Access reports via the WinFax printer driver. In order to do this I will have to change the default printer to the WinFax printer before printing. Once I do this and actually print, it brings up the send dialog box. I do not want this box to show up! I would like to do it with the SDK but I don’t see how I can being that I want to send the Access reports and not a cover page. I am hoping the DDE download will work otherwise I wil need to return it.

Thanks in advance for all your input. If you have any questions please let me know.

Mike

Anonymous

Yes, DDE or the SDK functions will work with Access. Again, you’re going to need to code VBA within Access to make this work. If you purchased the DDE VB Code, it contains all the functions required to accomplish this. It just doesn’t include the code that actually prints your report , because that is specific to your needs — it only includes all the functions to send your report to WinFax.

Edited By Moderator on Jan. 24 2004 at 22:08

mrwise

Where is the code in the DDE that actually tells my report to print with the WinFax driver? I want to send the exact copy of my report to WinFax. I will get the name and fax numbers from a database. I must be missing it in the DDE!

Thanks,

mrwise

Anonymous

With WinFax DDE Visual Basic Source Code Add On you add code in your application to:

-Turn auto receive on and off
    -Get the Status of WinFax
    -Receive a fax immediately
    -Shut down the WinFax Controller and Message Manager automatically.
    -Check the number of faxes/messages you’ve received
    -Check to see the time & date of the next outgoing fax in the outbox.
    -Schedule faxes to send at a specific time & date
    -Select resolution of the fax
    -Display the Send dialog box
    -Add attachments
    -Add a cover page
    -Add cover page text
    -Include recipient details, such as Fax Number, Company, Subject, Keywords and Billing Code.
    -Send by Fax, BFT, Compressed BFT or Internet Fax.
    -Determine the current WinFax version installed.
    -Determine the installed WinFax path

Changing the printer driver to WinFax can be done using VBA, the printer name is “WinFax” and the port is usually “FaxModem” but can also be installed on a different port on your specific system.

mrwise

Even if I do change the printer to WinFax it still displays the pop-up screen for me to enter parameter info. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS SCREEN! I just want it to send my report to the WinFax printer and have all the needed parameters pass from my application.

JohnD
    Participant

The WinFax screen will always appear unless you write code to pass the appropriate data to WinFax. Once WinFax receives this information you can also tell it to not display the send screen.

You have two choices, either use DDE to do this, or the SDK Com Objects.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.