Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    duncan351

Hello, I’m new to the forum but I’m struggling to get Winfax pro 9.02 to work with two modems using two different analog phone lines on the same computer. The PC sees both modems and I can query them. Winfax even sees them and I can query them but when I choose answer phone automatically on the 2nd modem, I get a msg say, modem is busy and maybe in use by another program.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@duncan351 wrote:

Hello, I’m new to the forum but I’m struggling to get Winfax pro 9.02 to work with two modems using two different analog phone lines on the same computer. The PC sees both modems and I can query them. Winfax even sees them and I can query them but when I choose answer phone automatically on the 2nd modem, I get a msg say, modem is busy and maybe in use by another program.

are they two different brands/manufacturers of modems installed? or two identical modems?
    are using setup in WinFax to use direct to COM port (for example, Modem #1 on COM 2 and Modem #2 on COM3, or set to use TAPI for both modems ?

its also possible another application that starts with Windows is taking control of one of the modems, maybe Windows Fax, or another Remote Control software (RAS?) in this case, WinFax will display that error message that the modem is busy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.