Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have searched old posts and cant find this one!!
    Is there any way I can use the talkworks feature of my Antique WFPro version 8.2 with my recent OS upgrade from W98SE to W2kPro?
    The fax part seems to work okay (at least to send which is what I need it for) but Talkworks just wont install. It seems to install, doesnt say there is a problem – but at the end of the day it is just not there. I really only need the answer machine function! And I need it bad at the moment!!!!!!!!! 🙁 Thanks for words of wisdom from folk wiser than I. Denis

Anonymous

@Denis wrote:

I have searched old posts and cant find this one!!
    Is there any way I can use the talkworks feature of my Antique WFPro version 8.2 with my recent OS upgrade from W98SE to W2kPro?
    The fax part seems to work okay (at least to send which is what I need it for) but Talkworks just wont install. It seems to install, doesnt say there is a problem – but at the end of the day it is just not there. I really only need the answer machine function! And I need it bad at the moment!!!!!!!!! 🙁 Thanks for words of wisdom from folk wiser than I. Denis

I think you need a voice modem installed in the computer before TalkWorks appears as an option in WinFax PRO 8.02. If you do have it installed on the same computer, then check the Program Setup and see if there any voice options you need to enable. (Sorry, its been a long time since I’ve used version 8.0 and can’t remember exactly where they may be)

Anonymous

I think you have may have hit the nail on the head! As I have not used Talkworks in YEARS and as I seem to reinstall windows often I have gotten into the habit of not installing more windows components than I know I actually use. For example I would never choose to install “Phone Dialer” I’ll check these things.

I have a good 56 voice/fax/speaker phone modem so problem is not there. v 8.02 was made for W98 and NT but when W2K arrived they must have produced new drivers back in 1999/2000!! But Symantec dont seem to want to know about such old stuff – their knowledge base to start with v 10!!

Thanks for such a fast response. regards Denis

JohnD
    Participant

@Denis wrote:

v 8.02 was made for W98 and NT but when W2K arrived they must have produced new drivers back in 1999/2000!! But Symantec dont seem to want to know about such old stuff – their knowledge base to start with v 10!!

You might want to look at TalkWorks PRO 3.0 (if you can find it anywhere)

It works fine with Windows XP or Windows 2000. It’s basically WinFax PRO 9.02 with voice features. In WinFax PRO version 9.0, Symantec removed TalkWorks features and sold it as a separate product (for more money)

Anonymous

Hi JD
    Thanks a lot. Google gave me lots about TalkWorks PRO 3.0 And I am now halfway educated in the matter! As I understand it, my WinFax8 is better than Winfax9!! – when I had it on this same PC and same modem with W98SE I had it behaving the way it should. I only changed OS to W2K because I needed extra Skype features only available on W2000 or XP. (I’d HATE to do a double boot just to handle ONE program – ie Winfax – whose owners are too avaricious to update a driver. I have at least 30 applications dating back to W95/W98 days whose developers are invariably happy to help one to update. Not even Microsoft will not do its best to help with a product out of warranty and out of support. Symantec is the exception to the rule. AMTRIH!!)
    Even if I could “borrowâ€

JohnD
    Participant

Here is a link to a trial version of TalkWorks PRO 2.0

http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin….=15;t=4

and, 2.0 to 2.03 update patch file
    http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin….15;t=12

Edited By JohnD on 1154459583

Anonymous

Thanks JohnD! I have the TalkWorks “tryâ€

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.