Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    groucho

After Microsoft’s Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor (Beta) scans my Winodws XP SP3 system it reports that if I installed Windows 7 I would have “minor issues” with WinFax and refers me to the publisher’s website for further information. Symantec’s website has no information whatever on this discontinued product. Microsoft is clearly misleading its customers, because WinFax is incompatible with Windows 7.

Administrator
    Keymaster

I believe this was the same with the Vista Upgrade Advisor. Its likely they’ve just ported over the information from that version. I’m not sure how they perform the testing, but it may be inaccurate because of false user submissions claiming compatibility. Usually, these are from those who are unfamiliar with the software.

JohnD
    Participant

WINDOWS 7 ADVISOR REPORTS THE FOLLOWING :

Symantec TalkWorks PRO 3.0

Minor issues

You might experience minor issues using this program while running Windows 7. For more information, go online to the manufacturer’s website.

Visit the publisher’s website.

( links to Norton’s VISTA Products Page which of course Symantec’s Web site has long since removed any references to WinFax PRO or TalkWorks, so the link doesn’t provide any info.)

You’ll be able to install WinFax/TalkWorks, but for sending faxes from any external application, it will not work.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Good news is that Windows 7 (Professional & Business, Ultimate) editions are now including an optional download for a Windows XP Mode (XPM). It apparently allows you to run Windows XP applications side-by-side with Windows 7/Vista apps. I don’t have all the details yet, or whether it will actually work reliably with WinFax PRO. Something that should have been included in Vista!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.