Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pp-sofacry

Hello,
    after solving my “no pages fix”-problem by buying and unsing the WinFax Tools and first beeing happy about this, there is a new problem now:

After inconstant times all processes are extremely slow, sometimes it only helps to reset my notebook, somtimes all processes work without problems.

After deinstallation of WinFax Pro the problem disappears, but returns promptly when i install WinFax again.

Sometimes (but not allways) it helps, to finish all WinFax processes in the task manager or with the tool “End all WinFax tasks”.

I am using WinFax Pro 10.03 with Windows XP Prof SP 3 and would be very thankfull for a solution, to use WinFax in future.

Thanks

Administrator
    Keymaster

The next time you experience this slow down in Windows XP, you’ll need to confirm that is it a WinFax module that is causing Windows XP to slow down, to do this, check your Task Manager. You can use WinFax Tools to view the Task Manager (click Task Manager in WinFax Tools). This will display the Windows Task Manager. (You can also right-click anywhere on the task bar, then select “Task Manager” from the pop up menu. In Task Manager, click on the Processes Tab. This should show a list of active processes in Windows, some of them will show a CPU usage (from 0-100%) Do any appear unusually high? If so, what are the names of the components that have a high CPU usage? Is your CPU consistantly range above 50% ?

Some of the WinFax modules to check in the process list in Task Manager are:

wfxmod32
    wfxctl32
    faxmng32
    wfxswtch
    wfxsnt40

usually, if a WinFax module hangs and causes Windows to operate slowly, it will likely be wfxmod32, wfxctl32 or faxmng32.

Once you’ve determined which module is hanging, then we can proceed to the next step to determine what could be the problem with WinFax PRO.

pp-sofacry

Thank you for answering so quickly,

the last week i tryed to find a rule in the only inconstant appearing problem.

Most of the time, the slow down seems to appear, when mozilla firefox is opened and the winfax task WFXSVC.EXE is shown by the taskmanager,
    but there is no high CPU use of any process and i am not sure, that this combination is responsible.

In between, my AntiVir Guard told me to have found a malware with the following information:

In der Datei ‘C:Dokumente und EinstellungenuserDesktopWinFaxTools125.exe’
    wurde ein Virus oder unerwünschtes Programm ‘TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen’ [trojan] gefunden.
    Ausgeführte Aktion: Zugriff verweigern

Is this information maybe helpful?

The last days XP works without slowing down. I further will try to fix the problem and involved processes and hope to be able to give more informations later.

Administrator
    Keymaster

I would suggest you scan your system for virus/trojan/malware. Delete the winfaxtools125.exe and try downloading it again. WinFaxTools125 does not contain any virus, or are we aware of any “false” positives detected on WinFaxTools125. Unless it is a false postiive from your anti-virus you may be infected elsewhere on your system and it has spread to other files.

Its likely the system slowdown is not related to WinFax.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.