Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

When you look at the last modified dates for the winfax files , only a small amount has been changed. Some work was completed in september 2000 and not changed since including the .cab files (presumably this was the missing 10.01 version), then nothing changes until july 2001.

For example the printer drivers loaded under XP are the NT/2000 versions.

So is this stuff really XP compatible or have’nt they bothered to check

Anonymous

i believe the update 10.02 was released late last year, like October. So, a july 2001 date would indicate work done , since the earlier version is 10.01 (which was pulled I think in late 2000)

Anonymous

I believe that “compliance” of 10.02 with XP is purely marketing trick. I tried to find out what specifically did not work in 10.0 and works in 10.02 in XP, and of nobody in Symantec was able to answer that question. The only “compliance” is in the fact that Symantec tech support won’t help if you indicate 10.0 under XP. But in fact, in the last year or so became so unprofessional that they won’t help either way.

Administrator
    Keymaster

For whats its worth, I installed WinFax PRO 10.0 on a Windows XP machine and it seems to install and function perfectly. I don’t do any Outlook integration or have Office XP, so I don’t see those problems. Plus I only send maybe 1 or 2 faxes a week, so it would be unlikely to find a problem 🙂

Anonymous

What if you just want a client desktop (not Winfax Host) that is running Outlook 2002, to be able to send a fax from that desktop and see the Outlook address books, no other features needed (e.g. don’t need to see the logs, etc. that Symantec Support says causes a MAPI error). Anyone tried this set up? We would be implementing in a mixed Outlook 2000 / Outlook 2002 environment, and, the 2002 machines only need to be able to send from the desktop, and receive their faxes from a 2000 host pc via email. They don’t need to be able to send faxes via email.

Anonymous

I believe that is what crashes – when winfax 10 accesses the address book in outlook 2002; but why don’t you try on your system? On mine, winfax successfully accessed the info in outlook Contacts, but crashed when I tried accessing outlook address book (stored in exchange server).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.