Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mobileguy

I am having a problem with winfax pro 10.2 Occasionally the program will fail to receive a fax. When receiving a fax, I will see the winfax dialogue box pop up and it will say it is training 1400, 900… but it will not receive the fax. When following up with the person sending the fax, I am told their fax says there was a communication error.

Sometimes the first few pages of a fax will come in, but not the entire fax document.

It seems as though, when this occurs, nothing appears in the received log. It just stops receiving. When looking at the received faxes log- many faxes have come in fine,,, but not all. I have the following errors listed:
    “error negotiating acknowledgement”
    “unable to negotiate connection or train”
    I am not sure if that is related or not. I am also not sure if there is some other log file I can examine in Winfax.

I have been using Winfax for many years, on several different computers. I installed winfax on this laptop about a year ago.

Is this a known problem? Is there a way of testing/ determining if this is a problem with winfax, the modem, compatability with other fax machines, the telephone line or something else?

Winfax is installed on a Dell Latitude, e5510 running windows xp

the modem is a Conexant HDA D330 MDC v92
    Driver version: 7.75.0.51 from 7/31/2008

Any help would be appreciated. I will be leaving town and need to know I am receiving faxes. Thank you

Administrator
    Keymaster

you can try updating the modem drivers for the Conexant D330. Dell has a newer update on the site, I am not sure if these is a later release.

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&dateid=-1&fileid=376960&formatcnt=0&formatid=-1&l=en&libid=0&releaseid=R256743&s=gen&source=-1&typeid=-1&~f=

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.