Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ringadeal

OS is Windows XP Pro and Winfax version is 10.03

An almost daily or twice daily occurence is that when printing to winfax, only the first page prints. When I attempt to close the send dialogue, it prompts that not all pages have finished printing and that’s when it freezes or it will open a “Cancel Send” dialogue which reads “Please Wait” basically this means the program froze.

This would only be half the problem because
    WHEN WINFAX FREEZES EVEN CTL-ALT-DELETE WILL NOT END THE PROGRAM. Of course the “Exit” shortcut command is greyed out and I am then forced to restart the computer to exit a frozen winfax.

I have both Winfax 10.02 and 10.03 Cds, are any of the 2 more recommended when faced with the above issue and when using XP Pro? I believe the problem persists even after a fresh program install.

Your assistance would be much appreciated and will help restore my sanity.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Do you always print to WinFax from the same application? Such as Adobe Acrobat, or Quickbooks? It is possible that the failure occurs because of a problem with how the fax is being printed.

If the fax fails to print, and you attempt to close WinFax while its waiting to generate another fax page it can cause WinFax to crash or freeze. It just never recovers from the “Please wait…” message.

WinFax PRO 10.03 is recommended for Windows XP.

ringadeal

thanks for your reply.

is there a remedy for the fact that winfax cannot be closed using ctrl+alt+delete and i must therfore restart my computer?

Administrator
    Keymaster

If this happens, You can try closing WinFax by ending both tasks
    (Control-Alt-Delete, then locate each task and click End Task.)

FAXMNG32.EXE

and

WFXCTL32.EXE

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.