Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vtrasikis

On boot up, winfax is supposed to start automatically, but on the host computer, it gets this error:

This machine has been configured to host Fax Sharing by other machines. Fax Sharing must be disabled in order to use winfax locally.

When I was running it under win2k, I never had that problem, now under win-xp (sp3), I just can’t get it to work. I have winfax 10.4 installed. Any ideas why this is coming up??

Administrator
    Keymaster

try running wtnsetup.exe from the WinFax folder to reconfigure WinFax settings.

vtrasikis

The only way that I can run winfax, is to turn off fax sharing…. why is that???? if I run winfax with sharing turned on, I get that error message, and here is the strange part, the clients, can’t connect to the host since it really is not running…. Why is that message being generated???

Administrator
    Keymaster

Did you install WinFax with an Administrator account? and are logging in with another user account with lower privledges?

Installing under another account/user can cause problems with permissions, therefore generate errors such as the one you mention.

Its also possible there is some corrupt registry keys causing the error message to appear. Uninstall / Reinstall to correct this.

Also, If you upgraded from a Windows 2K, to Windows XP and did not re-install WinFax under the new operating system, you will also experience problems.

And finally, the 10.04 update is applicable only on versions 10.03 (North American) of WinFax PRO. If you updated a previous version (the update incorrectly allows you to update any version) such as 10.0, 10.01 or 10.02 you will end up with a faulty installation of WinFax PRO 10.04 . 10.04 should only be applied on a 10.03 (English/North American) release of WinFax PRO, and only in the case where it is required for Fax Sharing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.