Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Dear Peoples

I have winfax pro 10.0 it has been working great !!!! we recently install a spam program called mail marshal and it is working great (both products 2 weeks worth). This week winfax comes up with a message Email Logon THe logon information given is incorrect or the email server cannot be reached. Please re-enter the information

the email server is correct and i have checked it against 2 user name and passwords and it still wont work

can you help ?????????

Anonymous

Hi,

Good luck on this one. I’ve had the same problem and had given up. Here is Symantec’s recommendations on this topic:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….2142104

You can try those and hope you are successful.

Anonymous

Are you Saying you have MailMarshal as well ????

and it has just started happening since ?????

Anonymous

No, I did not have MailMarshal, it just wasn’t working at all. No matter what email server / username/password, it would always fail to log-in.

Anonymous

first, winfax requries mail servers to require authentication. this is just because it always sends authentication information, and if a server doesn’t request it, then it will throw away winfax’s email request.

also, anything filtering your email could easily be causing problems with winfax emails. for instance, if you’re using 10.0, and your spam blocker is designed to block emails containing .exe files (which is perfectly sensible) it will block all winfax emails, because 10.0 used .exe file extensions for it’s attachments.

Anonymous

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2554.html

Is this what you are referring to?

Don’t most (if not all) mail servers use this?
    so WinFax is not sending this, or is sending these authentication requests?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.