Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    windracer

Hello,

I am having severe challenges in being able to transmit faxes. This just started today. My computer identifies the modem to be operative, yet winfax is not dialing. I have checked program setup under the categories of dialing and location as well as modems and communications devices. I am stumped and would greatly appreciate some assistance please. Thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

what type of fax modem? what is the error message(if any)

windracer

Hello,

I appreciate your response. My modem is an Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem. Since my posting, as my situation was dire, I actually hired someone to attempt a virtual diagnosis. They could not figure out the problem so we decided to uninstall and reinstall the software which worked. The folks I hired apparently backed up my files, folders, etc. and yet when trying to reconnect that data could not locate and/or put everything back where it belongs. Now I have a real mess.

JohnD
    Participant

Restoring everything back to how is was can be tricky if you didn’t properly backup the data. Did you use the GetFaxing service, or another third party service to resolve this?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@windracer wrote:

Now I have a real mess.

sorry to hear that, you may want to consider using our service. We have 15+ years experience with WinFax, and have come across almost every situation you might encounter. Unfortunately, some users come to us too late after trying to “resolve” issues elsewhere, they usually create a bigger problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.