Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ELMO4635

My wife is using Winfax PRO 10 and a normal Fax Machine (Brother 2800) on the same Phone Line. For some reason, sometimes Winfax picks up the incoming faxes, but usually the Fax Machine gets them.

I have set Winfax to pick-up after 2 rings, and the Fax Machine to pick-up after 4 rings, and disabled the hibernate/sleep options on the PC…but we still get faxs on the machine sometimes, when Winfax is running. I hate to have to crawl under the desk and uplug the Fax Machine when we don’t need it, but sometimes she has hardcopies that she needs to fax out… hence the Fax Machine too.

Any ideas? I am thinking my PC is somehow sleeping and not picking up…but, I have disabled what I can think of.

Thanks,
    E

Administrator
    Keymaster

Set your fax machine receive mode to FAX mode only, it may be set for TEL/FAX mode. You can also try TAD: ANSWER MACHINE mode.

Set the # of rings for the Fax Machine to always be > than WinFax.

If you lost your manual, go here
    http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals….Fax.pdf

Edited By Moderator on 1198360406

ELMO4635

I have set the Fax to FAX ONLY, and to receive after 4 rings. I have set Winfax to receive after 1 ring…

Will have to see if I have anymore issues with it.

Thanks

ELMO4635

Ok, I was sitting at the computer when a call came in… it rang, the pop-up box for Winfax came up showing an incomming call. The pop-up went away… the Fax Machine picked up and started printing the Fax.

In the Message Center… it shows the call that came in as a “Phone Call without Message”… and “Call Canceled”.

Any ideas?

Administrator
    Keymaster

the fax machine is still interfering with WinFax, try a different mode or set # of rings to a higher number

skywalker

@ELMO4635 wrote:

Ok, I was sitting at the computer when a call came in… it rang, the pop-up box for Winfax came up showing an incomming call. The pop-up went away… the Fax Machine picked up and started printing the Fax.

In the Message Center… it shows the call that came in as a “Phone Call without Message”… and “Call Canceled”.

Any ideas?

I am thinking of buying Winfax Pro and use the Comswitch to direct faxes to winfax and to answer phones when it is a regular call. I only have one phone line.
    Any suggestions if this will work?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@skywalker wrote:

I am thinking of buying Winfax Pro and use the Comswitch to direct faxes to winfax and to answer phones when it is a regular call. I only have one phone line.
    Any suggestions if this will work?

yes, this setup will work. A comswitch will direct fax calls to your fax modem (where winfax will answer the call) and voice calls to your telephone/or answering machine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.