Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dagmclean

Up to recently, I was able to use my Winfax Pro Program successfully. I use 10.0. I always use Paperport to scan and then drop the scan into fax icon. Program opens up and I insert info and away I go. Recently, I did the same and the fax did not go through. When I open up the Message Manager, it appears in the outbox that the fax is currently being sent. Which is not the case. I’ve tried everything possible to troubleshoot to no avail. My modem is tied up in this so called fax that doesn’t go. I also cannot receive any faxes. I also tried to go to the modem to run a diagnostic to see if I get a dial tone and I do not. I cannot even delete the fax. Have unplugged the phone line that runs directly to the modem and no good. Called the cable company in to check the computer as I have cable internet and digital phone. I’ve had cable internet and digital phone for over year and fax program always worked before. I lost my dvd with WInfax pro program. My cousin is sending me his dvd. I wonder if when I uninstall the program and reinstall it if my modem will be released? Closing down the program and shutting down the computer has not helped to release the modem. When I restart the computer it still shows up as fax being currently sent and my modem is tied up. I am using Windows XP. My Modem is BCMV.90 56K Modem. Please help. I am limited in what I can phpysically do to the computer itself as I am visually impaired. I am however, able to use my PC through the use of visual aides. Thank you.

dagmclen

Administrator
    Keymaster

does a fax appear in your OUTBOX folder? If so, try dragging and dropping that event into the Wastebasket.

dagmclean

yes a fax does appear, but when I try to move it to the wastebasket, it tells me that you cannot delete or edit a fax that is in the process of being sent. Also the error I’m getting is an application error

szAppName: WINFXMod32.EXE szModName: hungapp
    sZModVer: 0.0.0.0 offset: 00000000

I wish it were as simple as just deleting the fax, but I’m unable to delete it or edit it in any way.

Administrator
    Keymaster

a reinstall isn’t going to resolve this, the problem is the stuck entry in the outbox. I recommend trying to rebuild the status logs, please see this section “Rebuilding the Message Stores and Phonebooks in WinFax”

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….9291704

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.