Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kiwaisan

hi

im new—ive tried to figure this out myself by reading things on the web, but im still confused. please help.

id like to mass fax my resume via word using winfax.

i am unsure if this program can do that for me (i think it can), and if so, do i need a “modifier” program to help me do the faxing via ms word.

also, can winfax fax anything for me if i dont have a fax-modem chip. i am connected to the internet via cable and do not have any modems installed in my comp.. i have a ethernet card for the router, etc. so basically my question is how can cable internet users use winfax program to fax if they dont have a fax modem chip. and if i do need to get one, is it pricey?

also, is there a winfax program trial version download? ive searched and all i can find are fax templates?! im so confused.

if i need to connect my regular phoneline to my computer to use this fax program, how do i do that?! do i need to configure anything and if so.. how?

thanks for any help!!

ps. i did see the faq for posting “6. Sending and Receiving Faxes – If your message is regarding sending or receiving faxes, make sure you include your fax modem information. What is the fax modem manufacturer/and model name? What is the initialization string setup? Is it a CLASS 1 or CLASS 2.0/2 modem? Internal or External? Using COM PORT or TAPI PORT mode? ” i have no idea what that means.

that’s how new i am… please be detailed in your replies so i can know WHERE i can find/setup ‘class 1, internal/external’ etcs…

thanks again.

Anonymous

WinFax PRO does require a fax modem for it to work if you want to send faxes through your telephone line. Fax Modems are very inexpensive, they range in price up to $100.00, but usually you can find a reasonable fax modem for under $20.00. Modem Site has a lot of information regarding fax modems, see http://www.modemsite.com/56k/index.asp

WinFax PRO can also send faxes through the internet, so technically, you don’t need a fax modem installed on your computer, but the problem here is that this requires an additional service offered by Concord Fax. http://www.concordfax.com
    You have to pay for this service, and while it may be fine for someone who would use this service a lot, it might not be such a good deal if your only sending the occasional fax. You pay by the page, and if your sending local faxes you might have already paid off the cost of the modem after 1 months of usage.

There is no current trial/demo of WinFax PRO 10 available, but you can purchase and download WinFax PRO 10.03 directly from Symantec (see this link: http://www.getfaxing.com/winfax )
    and yes, it can easily send a batch of faxes (group fax sending) of your resume. Using a seperate add-in, the WinFax Macro for Microsoft Word, you can even send merge faxes that can address each company individually.

Edited By Moderator on 1163565920

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.