Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I am running winfax 10.3 and have installed the winfax macro, so I can use word for mail-merge with an excel list of 2000 fax numbers.

I start faxing without any problems but then suddendly it just stops after it faxes about 150 to 200 faxes.
    I restart it (after I have removed the numbers it sent) and again it stops after it faxes to 150 or so, numbers.

Any help or suggestions on this weird behavior would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
    Alex

Administrator
    Keymaster

when it stops, what appears in the outbox for the last fax (or current fax) that is attempting to send?
    does the send process dialog box appear stuck?
    perhaps someone tried sending you a fax, WinFax tried to receive and the system hanged.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your reply,

When it stops, it also brings up the window that opens up when you want to send a “single fax” and the outbox is empty. I have the “Automatic receive disabled”

Some times it goes as far as to get the first 240 numbers and sometimes it stops after the first 78. There is no real patern, very weird!! 🙁

Any ideas ??

Thank you again
    Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

I made a mistake on my previous post.

When winfax stops, the outbox has all the faxes that were entered up to that point .

Thanks again

Administrator
    Keymaster

When the send dialog appears in the middle of a fax merge, then it is a timing issue between Microsoft Word and WinFax PRO.

Which macro are you using?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you again for your reply,

I am using the macro that came together with Winfax Pro.

From the top menu I went: Tools >> Macro Installer and the used the “Symantec Macro Installer”

Thanks

Administrator
    Keymaster

@alex123 wrote:

Thank you again for your reply,

I am using the macro that came together with Winfax Pro.

From the top menu I went: Tools >> Macro Installer and the used the “Symantec Macro Installer”

Thanks

sometimes this can occur because of one of two reasons:
    1) there is no fax number , or name for the record WinFax is processing. (make sure all your Excel records contain a name and fax number)
    2) a timing problem during the processing between Word and WinFax caused the record to hang, requiring a restart a WinFax. (there is no fix for this issue when using the WinFax supplied macros)

One option would be to use the GetFaxing Microsoft Word macros. There are many features above what is included with the WinFax supplied macro, including checks to help prevent the error you are encountering
    http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/wfxmacro.exe
    (trial is limited to 5 fax merges at a time)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

All records contain text and numbers, so this is not it.
    If I can only send 5 faxes !! using the trial version, there is no way to know if it really works. It never stops on such a small amount.

So what happens if I puchase the macro and still keep having the same problem ?

Thanks

Administrator
    Keymaster

@alex123 wrote:

Hi,

All records contain text and numbers, so this is not it.
    If I can only send 5 faxes !! using the trial version, there is no way to know if it really works. It never stops on such a small amount.

So what happens if I puchase the macro and still keep having the same problem ?

Thanks

Well, I cannot guarantee your not going to have the same problem but it should not occur since we’ve added checks in our macro to prevent this from occuring during a merge.

If you do decide to purchase the macro and you encounter the same problem, we can either work with you to try and resolve the problem or refund your order.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.