Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    riley5

Winfax finally gave out on XP and being unable to uninstall the software forced me to do some searching for help as symantec no longer supporting. Luckily found getfaxing.com. Thanks…
    I was able to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of winfax 10.0. Your info also led me to work with the Language options in control panel to fix entering information in the CSID field as well as entering new addresses as we were no longer able to do. The new problem is I am unable to get any info in Tools/Program options-setup. The window opens up and says it is initializing and none of the options appear (this is where I would need to change modem/communication options as well as sender/receiver info/backup and restore.
    The installation finally looks like it went thru ok however- something still must be wrong. Any suggestions???
    Thanks

Administrator
    Keymaster

try running the SETUPDCC.EXE file in the WinFax directory (close down all application first)
    see if that works

riley5

SETUPDCC.EXE opens the window to Program set up but there are no options. The program setup window is there but it is blank where the options should be.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@riley5 wrote:

SETUPDCC.EXE opens the window to Program set up but there are no options. The program setup window is there but it is blank where the options should be.

Ok could be missing files and/or corrupt registry keys. First thing to check does the registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDelrinaCommSuiteCurrentVersionControl Panel

exist? with a bunch of sub-keys underneath Control Panel key?

riley5

The registry is showing:
    Delrina/commsuite/current version and there is no control panel. Any way to get this in there? The installation on this terminal apparently is omitting this information .

I happened to look at another computer using winfax and that registry has the control panel folder.

I don’t have winfax networked on these terminals. We keep them separate to not create any more problems.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Yes, you can restore the Control panel registry key.

Close WinFax and the WinFax Controller.
    Go to the winfax installation directory
    locate the file CPLAPP.REG
    double-click it, when prompted to Add the information to the Registry, click Yes.

now start the WinFax Controller.
    Right click, Program Setup.

See if the Program Setup appears.

riley5

I was unable to open CPLAPP.reg. But you gave me an idea to try:
    I went to the terminal that the winfax program set up is working on- exported the Control Panel from the registry found in the Delrina current version folder. I used this file and imported it into the registry of the computer with the winfax problem (after I made a backup of my current registry and did a restore point).

This worked- I am now able to use Program Set up.

I am unable to restore any of our old phonebooks but am not going to figure out- just as easy to start with a new one….. Thanks for all your help!!!!!

Administrator
    Keymaster

@riley5 wrote:

I was unable to open CPLAPP.reg. But you gave me an idea to try:
    I went to the terminal that the winfax program set up is working on- exported the Control Panel from the registry found in the Delrina current version folder. I used this file and imported it into the registry of the computer with the winfax problem (after I made a backup of my current registry and did a restore point).

This worked- I am now able to use Program Set up.

I am unable to restore any of our old phonebooks but am not going to figure out- just as easy to start with a new one….. Thanks for all your help!!!!!

its possible running of .reg files are disabled on your PC, for security reasons. Regardless, that way you did it will work too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.