Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

It appears that “print from application” does not work in SDK Send in Winfax 10.02 under XP. The print operation hangs. I tried the sample SDKSend VB app that comes with SDK, it did not work either. Anyone else?

Anonymous

I’ll have to check that out, I have not tried it with Windows XP. Does the Word or Excel macros supplied with WinFax PRO 10.02 work? because it uses PrintFromApp in the code as well…Don’t have a XP machine here handy to test, but should within the next week or so.

Anonymous

In Word, PrintToWinfax works, but it’s because that macro in its current version does not use the COM object, all it does is changing the printer, printing, changing printer back. However, WinFaxMerge does use it, and does fail. I just un/reinstalled 10.02, to no avail.

I posted this in symantec support sdk forum as well, will see…

Anonymous

Hi vrapp, does the same thing happen with 10.0 or 10.01 with Windows XP , or is it specific to 10.02 and Windows XP?

Sorry I don’t have 10.02 to try this. Unfortunately, it is not a free upgrade offered by Symantec.

Anonymous

the same Access project worked fine with 10.0 in XP. I didn’t touch it, then I installed 10.02, and today found it not working.

I did not have 10.01, it was withdrawn from the symantec site soon after put there, I did not catch it.

Some user reported in symantec forum that though the web page wants about &#3650 for the upgrade, he called customer support and been offered the upgrade for &#3610 plus &#3610 shipping.

Amazingly, Symantec does not tell about 10.02 anything but “compatible with XP”, no further details, not a single fix. I even called their sales, and they said they don’t know either.

(Edited by vrapp at 2:09 am on Nov. 24, 2001)

Anonymous

Let me know if you hear anything back from Symantec on this issue.

I understand that the 10.02 upgrade simply fixes compatibility with Outlook XP integration, support for multiple users in XP? (not sure about that) and updated macros with new digital certificates. (which I see there are reports of problems)
    Not sure if there were any bug fixes from previous releases.

Anonymous

> Let me know if you hear anything back from Symantec > on this issue.

OK.

> I understand that the 10.02 upgrade simply fixes
    > compatibility with Outlook XP integration,
    > support for multiple users in XP? (not sure about that)

as for multiple users, to a degree winfax always supported it, as the info it keeps in the Registry always had a part in HKCU – user name, toolbars, fonts, columns, etc. Probably now they added some security-related features – I have an impression that the whole software industry has almost lost the interest in anything but security.

I didn’t hear about Outlook XP problems, not using it really.

(Edited by vrapp at 11:14 am on Nov. 24, 2001)

Anonymous

Another question:
    Is it a 10.02 problem, or a XP + 10.02 problem?
    does Win 2000 or Win98 + 10.02 work?

Anonymous

Sorry, I don’t know, the only machine with installed 10.02 has XP. If it’s really important, I can install 10.02 on my WinMe machine and try there… let me know.

Anonymous

I have the same problem in Win 98 working with Visual Basic 5.0.
    It might not be a Win xp problem.
    Using the sdkSend app. from the cd does not work here also.

Anonymous

I have installed 10.02 on two machines, one with Windows XP and the other with Windows 2000. SDK works with Windows 2000 but not with Windows XP, the send screen always comes up. Interesting side problem, I have also installed the macros for Word and Excell on both systems. The macro in Word causes the progrom to crash and you cannot open word without unstalling Winfax Pro. This happens on both operating systems. Any comments?

Steve

Anonymous

Quote: from NDS on 10:30 am on Nov. 29, 2001
    I have installed 10.02 on two machines, one with Windows XP and the other with Windows 2000. SDK works with Windows 2000 but not with Windows XP, the send screen always comes up. Interesting side problem, I have also installed the macros for Word and Excell on both systems. The macro in Word causes the progrom to crash and you cannot open word without unstalling Winfax Pro. This happens on both operating systems. Any comments?

Steve

Looks to be a XP + 10.02 problem. I’ve checked the Symantec SDK area and there have been no responses from Symantec on this issue.

To fix the macro problem, delete the WFWORD2K.DOT file found in the STARTUP directory of Word. (Do a search)
    or start Word without any templates using WORD /A switch. Symantec’s solution is to download an older macro and install it (from their site), but the digital certificate included with this macro is expired. You will get prompted each time you start Word about the macro not being safe (unless you leave your security level set to Low, which IS NOT recommended)

You can also fix the problem by downloading tje shareware macro :
    http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/wfxmacro.exe
    It will install overtop your existing macro, and should work. If you can live with nag screens, it will do you fine for simple print to winfax operation. If you register, well, you get support and we like you here.

Anonymous

Quote: from Jos on 9:08 am on Nov. 29, 2001
    I have the same problem in Win 98 working with Visual Basic 5.0.
    It might not be a Win xp problem.
    Using the sdkSend app. from the cd does not work here also.

Joe , does Help, About in WinFax display 10.02?

Administrator
    Keymaster

Has anyone resolved this problem????
    I am no longer affliated with Symantec, and the SDK forums go unanswered.

Anonymous

Nice to see you here Eric, you many times answered my posts in Symantec newsgroups, then forums.

I got the following answer from Symantec re. my inquiry in SDK forum.

I do apologize for the confusion, but the WinFax SDK forum is a peer-to-peer forum. I do not know why the other users of this forum did not reply to your post. Perhaps writing directly to one of the other users would get someone’s attention. I’m sorry, but WinFax PRO Technical Support does not provide support for SDK. Good faxing to you!

Please let us know if you need additional assistance with WinFax.

Adrian Heinel
    Symantec Consumer Support Technician
    ===============

so here’s the catch: first they say that every user of Winfax 10 in XP whould upgrade to 10.02 because only 10.02 is compatible with XP; and when it’s discovered that COM objects are not compatible with XP, they say “we don’t support it”.

I now re-submitted this problem in the “main” tech support forum using the fact that non-working sdksend also breaks the winfax merge word macro, that relies on SDKSEND. Will see…

(Edited by vrapp at 1:49 am on Dec. 23, 2001)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.