How to install the Conexant USB Fax Modem with FaxTalk
Conexant USB Fax Modem for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista (32 bit or 64 bit)
For 32 bit or 64 bit versions of Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 8.x, Microsoft Windows 7 or Microsoft Vista the CD Driver disk is not required. The modem drivers provided by the Microsoft Windows operating system are sufficient for the installation of the fax modem for use with FaxTalk. Drivers for other operating systems are included on a CD ROM or provided to you as a download when you purchase the fax modem. Please see your account or purchase e-mail for download links, or contact technical support.
NOTE: This applies to the 2 port and 1 port Conexant Fax Modems distributed by GetFaxing.com only.
- If using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, go to the Desktop Screen.
- Plug the Fax Modem directly into any USB slot. (USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 slot preferred, directly to computer by passing any USB hubs)
- Windows should automatically recognize the fax modem as being inserted and begin searching for and installing device drivers. After a few minutes Windows should display that the device driver has been installed.
- Plug one end of the phone cable into one of the two available jacks on the fax modem. (This usually is labelled ‘LINE’ or ‘LINE OUT” from the fax modem)
- Plug the other end of the phone cable into your telephone wall outlet.
FaxTalk will not communicate with the fax modem until it is properly detected by Windows and drivers are installed. We recommend you verify the installation of the Fax Modem in Windows via the Control Panel/Phone & Modem option. Follow these steps below to verify the installation of the Fax Modem and to configure the fax modem in FaxTalk.
Verify Installation of Conexant USB Fax Modem
- In the Search programs and files, type “Modem” and press Enter (or Press the Windows Logo Key+R, then type TELEPHON.CPL and press ENTER)
- A “Phone and Modem” dialog box should appear.
- Click the “Modems” tab.
- In the dialog box, your fax modem should appear in the list. Select the fax modem you just installed and click Properties.
- Click “Diagnostics” Tab.
- Click “Query Modem” button.
- You should see a series of response codes from the modem. (response codes from ATI3, ATI4, ATI5 etc.)
- Close the Phone and Modem dialog box.
Configure the Conexant USB fax modem in FaxTalk
- Start FaxTalk software, click Tools, Options.
- Select Modem option from the left side panel.
- Select the modem that appears in the right side panel, click Change
- Select the modem, click Next
- Click Finish when done.