Beep sound when selecting any entry in the logs (outbox, inbox or transactions).
When you click on any entry in the FaxTalk logs (outbox, inbox, transaction log) a beep sound is heard. This problem occurs when using Windows Vista due to a bug in the operating system with the List View used to display the logs. To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Change the system sound to a silent .wav file
- Click Start, type Sound in the Start Search box, and then click Sound in the Programs list.
- Click the Sounds tab.
- In the Program list, click Select.
- In the Sounds list, click to select a silent .wav file, and then click OK.
If you do not have a silent .wav file, use the Sound Recorder application to record one.
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Sound Recorder.
- Click Start Recording.
- Click Stop Recording.
- Save the file to your computer.
Method 2: Delete the .Current registry subkey
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- Locate the following registry subkey:
- Right-click .Current, and then click Delete.
When you are prompted to delete this registry subkey, click Yes to delete the subkey.
- Exit Registry Editor.