Cannot save a copy of received faxes or voice mail to a network folder.
If you are using the option to automatically save a copy of received items to a folder on the hard drive and you choose to save the items a folder on a network instead of a folder on the local hard drive you may encounter permissions problems that prevent the file from being saved to the network folder. The FaxTalk software uses a Windows service for background operations and the service runs in a system account on your machine. The service running in the system account would not have the proper network permissions to be able to write to the network folder. You can resolve this by changing the login information for the FaxTalk service.
- Click on the Start Menu and then Settings and Control Panel.
- Double-click on Administrative Tools.
- Double-click on Services.
- In the list of installed services look for FaxTalk and double-click on the FaxTalk service entry.
- Click on the Log On tab and under the “Log on as”: select “This account” and then enter the specific User and Password account information for the user that logs into this computer (This is assuming that this user also has permissions on the network) and click OK.
- Close the Services window.
- Close the Administrative Tools window.
- Reboot the computer.