How to disable voice answering in FaxTalk software
NOTE: This article does not apply to FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro. Voice is not supported in this software.
When used with a voice capable modem FaxTalk Messenger Pro and FaxTalk Multiline Server answers all incoming calls on each line with a voice greeting. If a fax signal is detected during the playback of the greeting the software will stop playing the greeting and immediately start fax reception.
If you would prefer to have the software answer every call as a fax you can disable the voice messaging features in FaxTalk. With the voice messaging features disabled the FaxTalk software will always immediately start fax reception when answering incoming calls.
If you are using multiple lines with FaxTalk you can disable the voice messaging features on an individual line basis. For example, you could have line 1 configured to answer all calls with a voice greeting and line 2 configured to always answer as a fax.
To disable the voice messaging features:
- Open the FaxTalk program.
- Click on the Tools menu and select the Options command. The FaxTalk Settings application will open.
- Click on the Modem selection in the list to display the Modem configuration page.
- Select the modem from the list and click the Properties button.
- On the Modem Settings dialog click the Voice tab.
- On the Voice tab you will see a setting labeled For voice operations, use: Select the None selection from the list.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Click OK to close the FaxTalk Settings application.