Welcome to the first and only dedicated Web site for WinFax PRO faxing software from Symantec/Delrina. We offer a free community based forum for WinFax PRO, plus premium members have access to our exclusive WinFax Tools automated diagnostic and repair tool, support via forums, compatibility fixes, downloads and access to all archived postings.
You can also get professional WinFax Live Remote Support Services from a knowledgeable WinFax tech.
Support the WinFax community and become a WinFax Premium Subscriber You'll have access to all the WinFax support forums and exclusive WinFax Tools program to troubleshoot WinFax issues for only $29.99 (US$) per year. Click the links above for more details.
Visit the WinFax technical support Forums here: WinFax Community Support Forums
WinFax PRO alternative faxing software for Microsoft Windows February 19th, 2010
FaxTalk software is available in three different versions depending on your needs, FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro as a replacement to WinFax PRO for faxing, FaxTalk Messenger Pro, as a replacement for TalkWorks PRO (it is WinFax with voice support if you have the proper fax/voice modem) and FaxTalk Multiline Server (a networking fax software that supports up to 8 fax modems at once, a replacement for WinFax PRO Fax Sharing)
About FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro™
- Fax from any application by clicking Print and selecting the FaxTalk printer driver.
- Scan pages directly from your scanner.
- Supports Super G3 Fax speeds with compatible Class 2.1 hardware.
- Import WinFax PRO faxes and contacts/phonebooks (See Notes below) (*does not import WinFax cover pages)
- Produce professional looking faxes with full preview and annotation.
- Cover Sheet Designer with 9 included pre-designed cover sheets.
- Access Microsoft Outlook (Outlook 2010 32 bit edition) contacts directly when sending faxes.
- Forward received faxes by email. (as PDF, TIFF or proprietary .FAX format)
- Operates as a network fax client for FaxTalk Multiline Server (for FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro or FaxTalk Messenger Pro)
- Broadcast faxes to fax numbers and email addresses.
- Fax Merge (personalize multiple faxes automatically) with Microsoft Word using optional FaxTalk Fax Merge software add-on.
- Fax Merge compatibility with ACT! 2008, ACT! 2009, ACT! 2010 and ACT! 2011 using optional add-on called FaxAdmin.
- Block the reception of unwanted junk faxes.
- Developer Fax SDK to integrate FaxTalk with your custom software application. (Programming experience required)
- Voice mail and Fax back capability with a compatible voice modem using FaxTalk Messenger Pro or FaxTalk Multiline Server software.
Importing WinFax data into FaxTalk
One of the nice features of FaxTalk is the ability to import existing WinFax PRO logs and phonebooks/contacts into FaxTalk. Logs (the Send Log, Receive Log and any other message stores/sub folders you created in WinFax PRO) can be imported into FaxTalk and the fax images are automatically converted to a format that can be used in FaxTalk. Logs that are imported are stored in a folder in FaxTalk called the File Cabinet. The File Cabinet works like the Attachments folder in WinFax. FaxTalk cannot import WinFax archive (.WFA) backups, so to be able to import you need to have WinFax PRO on the same system and it must be installed before you can perform the import in FaxTalk. This can pose a problem if your old computer has WinFax, and your new computer is Windows 7 (or another operating system) with FaxTalk installed. Fortunately, there is a workaround for this. You can install a trial version of FaxTalk on the older computer, and then perform the import into the trial version of FaxTalk. Once the import is completed, you can then save a backup using the FaxTalk Backup option. Performing a backup creates an archive file with a .FTA extension. You can then copy this .FTA file created from the trial version to the new computer. At the new computer, you perform a restore (using the FaxTalk Backup Tool) and point to the .FTA file. to restore the phonebooks and logs.
Fax Blast using FaxTalk Fax Merge for Microsoft Word
If you need to send multiple faxes with personalized information on each fax, you need the FaxTalk Fax Merge for Microsoft Word. This allows you to use your contact database to send personalized faxes easily. Automate your faxing from Microsoft Word™ and FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro, FaxTalk Messenger Pro or FaxTalk Multiline Server. Fax broadcast from your Windows desktop by using the power of FaxTalk Fax Messenger and the FaxTalk Merge Macro for Microsoft Word. You can send faxes directly from Microsoft Word by clicking an icon. Select your prepared mail merge document with a data source, click on Send a Fax merge, select your recipients & optional cover sheet and click Merge. Send a few faxes or thousands of faxes, directly from Microsoft Word.
The FaxTalk Fax Merge is available separately as an add-on, or can be bundled together with the FaxTalk product of your choice at a discounted price.
Compatible with Microsoft Word 2010 (32 bit edition only), Microsoft Word 2007, Microsoft Word 2003 and Microsoft Word XP
Below you can view a video that shows the basics of sending a “fax blast” fax merge using Microsoft Word 2010 (32 bit edition) and FaxTalk Multiline Server (the operation is exactly the same with FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro or FaxTalk Messenger Pro, and Microsoft Word 2007)
You can order or download a trial version here http://www.getfaxing.com/faxtalk
Requirements for FaxTalk software:
- Compatible Microsoft Windows operating system (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000)
- Compatible Class 1, 1.0, 2, 2.0, 2.1 fax modem. (Internal or External models)
- Compatible Voice/Fax Modem for voice features of FaxTalk Messenger Pro or FaxTalk Multiline Server
- Compatible version of Microsoft Word for the FaxTalk Fax Merge option. (Word XP/2003/2007/Word 2010/2013 32 bit edition)
- Microsoft Word 2010 Starter Edition is not compatible. 64 bit version of Office 2010 is not compatible.
This entry was posted on Friday, February 19th, 2010 at 12:10 am and is filed under Guides, Support. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.Both comments and pings are currently closed.