Error “Unable to create sendjob” or “Initialization failed” when sending a fax merge
One of the following error messages may appear when there is a failure within the FaxTalk API.
“Unable to create sendjob”
Method “PrintToAttachment” of object “IFaxTalkAPI” failed .
Please check for the following:
A) If you are using an older version of FaxTalk (version 7.5), the build revision of FaxTalk must be at least build 4120 (See below on checking the build version)
B) Confirm that the FTclctrl.exe program (FaxTalk Call Control) is active before you perform the merge.
If any of these FaxAPI error messages appear while performing a merge, the FaxTalk API needs to be reinitialized before you can continue using FaxTalk and Microsoft Word again.
Here are two methods to reset/reinitialize the FaxTalk API:
Reinitialize(reset) the FaxTalk API manually
1. Shut down Microsoft Word if it is open. In Windows, Start the Task Manager by typing “taskmgr” in the Run line. (Click Start, Run … type “taskmgr”, or right-click the Windows icon and select Task Manager)
2. From the Task Manager window, Click on the “Processes” Tab. In Windows 8 or higher, click the “Details” tab.
3. Locate the task “FTprnjob.exe”, if found, select it and click End Task button.
4. Locate the task “FTmsgr32.exe”, if found, select it and click End Task button.
5. In the RUN line, Type: c:\program files\FaxTalk\FTclctrl.exe /kill (replace c:\program files\FaxTalk or c:\program files (x86)\FaxTalk\ with your installation path of FaxTalk)
6. Start FaxTalk from Windows or from the Word 2007/2010 icon, “Start FaxTalk”
7. Locate and confirm that the task “FTclctrl.exe” is active and running. If it is not active, you need to start it, in the run line, type c:\program files\FaxTalk\FTclctrl.exe (replace c:/program files/FaxTalk/ or c:\program files (x86)\FaxTalk with your installation path of FaxTalk)
B. Restart the computer. (This will automatically restart the FaxTalk API and restart the FaxTalk Service) After reboot, confirm that the task “FTclctrl.exe” is active and running. If not, follow step 7 above.
If you are using Version 7.5 (Does not apply to version 8.0 or later)
If you still encounter problems after rebooting or manually resetting the FaxAPI and confirming that “FTclctl.exe” is active and you are using Build 4120 of FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro 7.5 or FaxTalk Messenger Pro 7.5. It is recommended to update to build 4130 or higher or upgrade to the latest version of FaxTalk.
To confirm the the build version of FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro 7.5 or FaxTalk Messenger Pro 7.5
You can check this by clicking on the “Start FaxTalk” icon in Word 2007/2010. This will open the FaxTalk Manager. Click, Help, About.
You should see: Version 7.5 (Build 4130). If you do not have build 4130 (or higher), contact us for upgrade pricing to the latest version of FaxTalk.