Importing WinFax PRO phonebooks into FaxTalk
FaxTalk software includes the ability to import contacts from WinFax Pro phonebooks into individual FaxTalk phonebooks. You can import contacts from multiple WinFax PRO phonebooks individually into a single FaxTalk phonebook or you can create individual FaxTalk phonebooks to match the phonebooks in WinFax PRO and them import the specific contacts into each phonebook.
Due to the way the WinFax PRO software was designed, the import capability does require that the WinFax PRO software be installed on the same machine in order to access the WinFax PRO data and perform the import operation.
To import contacts into a FaxTalk phonebook:
- Open the FaxTalk application.
- On the View menu, click Folder List.
- Click the phonebook where you want the imported contacts to appear (such as the Contacts folder).
- On the File menu, click Import. The Phonebook Import Wizard will appear.
- Select the WinFax PRO Phonebook selection from the list.
- Follow the directions on the Phonebook Import Wizard to import the contacts.
- When importing phonebooks from WinFax PRO you will need to import each phonebook separately.
- Groups that were created within your WinFax PRO phonebook are not transfered over to FaxTalk. You will need to manually create your group(s) in FaxTalk after you import your phonebook(s).
- Due to a WinFax limitation, If your WinFax PRO phonebook contains e-mail addresses, they will not be imported since no mapping field exists for the e-mail address phonebook field. If you require to import phonebooks that use WinFax PRO's e-mail field, you will require to export these phonebooks using the WinFax PRO software to ASCII format (Comma Separated Values) and then perform an import into FaxTalk using the CSV (Comma Separated Values) option.